The Salta City Tour is a minibus tour with a guide for the short distances between its historical monuments, for the city center and for its surroundings as the San Bernardo Mountain and San Lorenzo village.
During the Salta city tour, the guide will give an overview of all the places where the minibus passes. You will not enter the salta museums. The passengers will have a review of each one. Then each passenger decides which one to visit on their own.
Today the city has grown considerably, but keeps intact the colonial spirit in many of its most important monuments and houses, making it the best city in Argentina which has preserved its architectural legacy.
You can also take the free walking tour in Salta.
Places to visit in Salta City Tour
- Central square – July 9 – with its monument to General Arenales;
- Museum of Archaeology high Mountain (MAAM), where are the Llullaillaco mummies;
- North Historical Museum, the Colonial Museum and the Fine Arts Museum;
- San Francisco Church;
- San Bernardo convent;
- General Güemes monument, at the foot of the hill;
- San Bernardo mountain;
- Monument to the Battle of Salta and 20 de Febrero Park;
- The historic building where is the Artisan market.
Characteristics of the City Tour in Salta with San Lorenzo
|DEPARTURE / RETURN
|Central location accommodations.
|Between 4 / 4.30 pm. The city tour always takes place in the afternoon due to the intense traffic in Salta city.
|From 7 pm.
|WHAT TO BRING?
|Comfortable sportswear, sneakers with sole, cap, sunglasses, a coat and sunscreen. How is the weather in northern Argentina?