Salta Rafting is one of the favorite adventure activities in Salta.
Many rivers in Salta province are able to practice this sport. But these rivers depends exclusively for rains in summer, and makes it not regular to do this activity all round year.
This is not the case of fabulous Juramento River. A large and important river that born in the 3 rivers unions: Arenales, Rosario and Guachipas.
Juramento River where Salta Rafting is practiced is dominated and content through various reservoirs and canals as derivatives.
The most importantly reservoir or dam is that everyone knows as “Dique Cabra Corral” Its official name is “Presa Embalse General Belgrano”.
The clear waters leaving the Cabra Corral dam, run between stones, curves and different natural formations, so it has been assigned the degree “River Level III” or Intermediate and the wikipedia explains:
It has medium turbulent waters with waves of no more than 1 meter, eddies dangerous to swimmers and any consideration for boats.
The navigation and requires technical knowledge and there are some important technical steps.
Characteristics of Salta Rafting
|For reservations with transfer from Salta: From the San Bernardo Convent at 08:30 am.
For those who go with their own vehicle: At 10:00 am at the Salta Rafting base on the Juramento River.
|WHAT TO BRING?
|Comfortable sportswear, sneakers with sole, cap, sunglasses, a coat and sunscreen. Bathing suit, towel, insect repellent. Double change of clothes.
The price includes an optional neoprene wetsuit in case it is cold. Warm vests and neoprene slippers are also provided along with life jackets.
- Can I combine Rafting and Canopy same day? Yes, both activities are in the same location.
- There is a Parking place? Yes.
- Other services? Barbacue at lunch, PRO rafting photographs, towels, soap and shampoo.
- Is suspended due to bad weather?? Canopy is stoped by heavy rain and electrical storms only, rafting is usually done.
- Where activities are done? In the Juramento River canyon 2 hours from the city of Salta.
- Do you offer Transfers? yes, from the center, always by reservation. Out 08:30 am.
- What is included? all equipment and pro guides.
- Activities are done all year long? Yes, except June, close.
- Should we have experience? There is no need, and they are given an instructive and safety talk before.
- Can I go with my children? yes, they can do rafting from 5 years old and the canopy from 11 years old.
- Is there a place to eat? yes, only for performing the activities and / or companions.
- How far in advance should I book? With two days in advance if possible.